Privacy and policy
This Policy applies to the Company and it governs any and all data collection and usage by us. Through the use of https://parkersboutique.com/ (the “Site”), you are consenting to the data collection procedures expressed in this Policy.
Specifically, this Policy will inform you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our Site;
- Why we collect personally identifiable information and the legal basis for such collection;
- How we use the collected information and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- Information We Collect
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. This Site collects various types of information, such as:
- Voluntarily provided information (including your name, address, email address, social media handle, account ID, photographs, billing and credit card information) which may be used when you purchase products and/or services and to deliver the products or services you have (a) requested (such as account membership and receipt of marketing materials) or (b) decided to partake in (such as special promotions or inclusion in our customer gallery).
- Automatically collected information through means such as cookies, pixels, web server logs, web beacons, and other technologies described below.
- Information provided through commercial interaction with the Company and its Site (which may include purchase/return history, user content such as reviews and feedback, audio such as telephone recordings when you call our customer service, and written communications when you email our customer service).
In addition, the Company may (through means of voluntary surveys), endeavour to collect non-personal anonymous demographic information, such as age, gender, household income, political affiliation, race and religion, as well as the type of browser you are using, IP address, or type of operating system, which will assist us in providing and maintaining superior quality service.
Please rest assured that this Site will only collect personal information that you knowingly and willingly provide to us by way of surveys, completed membership forms, and emails. It is the intent of this Site to use personal information only for the purpose for which it was requested, and any additional uses specifically provided for in this Policy.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- Why We Collect Information and For How Long
We are collecting your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs and provide you with the services you have requested;
- To fulfil our legitimate interest in improving our services and products;
- To send you promotional emails containing information we think you may like when we have your consent to do so;
- To contact you to fill out surveys or participate in other types of market research, when we have your consent to do so;
- To customise our Site according to your online behaviour and personal preferences.
The data we collect from you will be stored for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain said information will be determined based upon the following criteria: the length of time your personal information remains relevant; the length of time it is reasonable to keep records to demonstrate that we have fulfilled our duties and obligations; any limitation periods within which claims might be made; any retention periods prescribed by law or recommended by regulators, professional bodies or associations; the type of contract we have with you, the existence of your consent, and our legitimate interest in keeping such information as stated in this Policy.
- Use of Information Collected
The Company does not now, nor will it in the future, sell, rent or lease any of its customer lists and/or names to any third parties.
The Company may collect and may make use of personal information to assist in the operation of our Site and to ensure delivery of the services you need and request. At times, we may find it necessary to use personally identifiable information as a means to keep you informed of other possible products and/or services that may be available to you from https://parkersboutique.com/, following your consent to receive such information.
The Company may also be in contact with you in relation to completing surveys and/or research questionnaires related to your opinion of current or potential future services that may be offered. You may be contacted by email by a third party company regarding a particular product or service that you have received from us.
The Company may find it beneficial to all our customers to share specific data with our trusted partners in an effort to conduct statistical analysis, provide you with email and/or postal mail or arrange for deliveries to be made. Those third parties shall be strictly prohibited from making use of your personal information, other than to deliver those services which you requested, and as such they are required, in accordance with this agreement, to maintain the strictest of confidentiality with regards to all your information.
The Company uses various third-party social media features including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and other interactive programs. These may collect your IP address and require cookies to work properly. These services are governed by the privacy policies of the providers and are not within the scope of our control.
- Disclosure of Information
The Company may not use or disclose the information provided by you except under the following circumstances:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered;
- In other ways described in this Policy or to which you have otherwise consented;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined;
- As required by law, or in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- As necessary to maintain, safeguard and preserve all the rights and property of the Company.
- Non-Marketing Purposes
The Company greatly respects your privacy. We do maintain and reserve the right to contact you if needed for non-marketing purposes (such as bug alerts, security breaches, account issues, and/or changes to the Company’s products and services). In certain circumstances, we may use our Site, newspapers, or other public means to post a notice.
- Users under the age of 18
The Site is not directed to, and does not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from, users under the age of eighteen (18). If it is determined that such information has been inadvertently collected from anyone under the age of eighteen (18), we shall immediately take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our system’s database. Anyone under the age of eighteen (18) does not have permission to use this Site.
- Unsubscribe or Opt-Out
All users and visitors to our Site have the option to discontinue receiving communications from us by way of email or newsletters. If you wish to discontinue or unsubscribe from our Site please let us know by emailing email@example.com or simply following the unsubscribe instructions in our communications. If you wish to unsubscribe or opt-out from any third-party websites, you must go to that specific website to unsubscribe or opt-out. The Company will continue to adhere to this Policy with respect to any personal information previously collected.
- Links to Other Websites
Our Site does contain links to affiliate and other websites. The Company does not claim nor accept responsibility for any privacy policies, practices and/or procedures of any other such websites. Therefore, we encourage all users and visitors to be aware when they leave our Site to read the privacy statements of every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies only and solely to the information collected by our Site.
The Company takes precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected both online and offline. Wherever we collect sensitive information (e.g. credit card information), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for "https" at the beginning of the address of the webpage.
The Company also uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) for authentication and private communications to build users' trust and confidence in the internet and Site use by providing simple and secure access and communication of credit card and personal information.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. This is all done to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure or modification of the user's personal information under our control.
- How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, or the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, please feel free to contact us at the following email, telephone number or mailing address.
- Additional Privacy Rights (California and EU)
You have the right to send us a request, no more than twice in a twelve-month period, for any of the following for the period that is twelve months prior to the request date:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information about you;
- The categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- The categories of personal information we sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom it was sold;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information.
Please note that we do not “sell” your personal information in connection with our website. The disclosure of personal information for which we receive valuable consideration (i.e. the receipt of some benefit other than money) is considered a "sale".
In addition to the above, you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (subject to certain exceptions).
You can exercise your rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity when processing your requests.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your privacy rights.